Welcome to the website for Ingleside School. Thank you for choosing Ingleside School for your child's educational needs. We strive to provide a safe, friendly and inviting atmosphere for our students and our visitors, in additional to providing the highest quality education.
We invite you to learn more about our school and to meet our faculty and staff members. If you are interested in visiting us, please call the Ingleside office at 423-745-3671 to arrange your visit. For directions to Ingleside School, scroll to the bottom of this page and enter your address.
Jill Swafford, Principal
The mission of Ingleside School is for students to demonstrate their personal best every day and become academically proficient and socially responsible in the continuing phases of the education and development.Vision Statement
Our vision is to accomplish our mission by creating an atmosphere of engaged learning, excitement, and energy.
- Learning is our highest priority.
- Learning is lifelong.
- All children can learn.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and cultural needs.
- Students learn in different ways and therefore should be given a variety of ways to learn.
- In a diverse curriculum.
- Students should learn in a positive, safe, and disciplined environment.
- Self-esteem, self-discipline, and respect for others and their cultures are essential for a safe and successful learning environment.
- Learning is a shared responsibility between students, teachers, parents, and community members.
- Programs and/or instructional decisions should be based on proven practices and education research.
- The interests of children should be placed first in the decision-making process.
- Good teachers and good teaching should be celebrated.
- In early childhood education.
- Technology is an important tool for learning.
- Our schools are a vital resource to the City of Athens.